Orthodontics for Kids
At Moonz, we recommend the first orthodontics check-up for children at the age of 6 or 7, in order to detect any irregularities in the child's bone and dental growth as early as possible.
The Orthodontics for Children in our centres covers: Interceptive orthodontics, Orthopaedics, and Orthodontics at an early age.
One of the greatest advances made in orthodontics is the value of orthopaedic and interceptive treatments in patients at an age when they are still growing. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends an initial check-up with an orthodontist by the age of 7.
This makes it possible to detect problems with bones, the position of teeth and facial bones at the ideal age to be able to treat them and be able to plan the best treatment for them by acting on each problem at the right moment.
Why Your Child Should Get An Orthodontic Check-up No Later Than Age 7?
- 1 Orthodontists can spot subtle problems with jaw growth and emerging teeth while some baby teeth are still present.
- 2 In some cases, the orthodontist will be able to achieve results that wouldn´t be posible once the face and jaws have finishes growing. ... ).
- 3 While your child’s teeth may appear to be straight, there could be a problem that only an orthodontist can detect.
- 4 In other cases, the orthodontist might find a problema that can benefit from earl trarment..
- 5 The check-up may reveal that you child´s bite is fine. Often, the orthodontist will identify a potential problema but recommend monitoring the child´s growth and development, and then, if indicated, begin treatment at the appropriate time for the child..
- 6 Early treatmen may prevent more serious problems from developing and may make treatment at a latera ge shorter and less complicated..
Early treatment may give your orthodontist the chance to:
- · Guide jaw growth.
- · lower the risk of trauma to protruded front teeth.
- · correct harmful oral habits.
- · improve appearance.
- · guide permanent teeth into a more favorable position.
- · improve the way lips meet.
- · Reduce the need for extractions of permanent teeth and surgical traction of blocked tusks..
- 8 Through early orthodontic screening, you’ll be giving your child the best opportunity for a healthy, beautiful smile that’s good for life.
The Right Time for an Orthodontic Check-Up ? No Later than Age 7
American Association of Orthodontists
Don't hesitate to get in touch with us with any questions you may have regarding the dental health of your child or to make an appointment. We'll be happy to help you.
Choose your centre
Select the centre closest to you to enter the Moonz World, where kids live new adventures with Big and Doc and learn something new every day.